Chart close-up from:
Online Video Gains Momentum in 2010 »

Latest MarketingCharts stories

So How Many Millennials Are There in the US, Anyway? (Updated)

Marketers tend to focus a lot of energy on Millennials. Their lives are deconstructed on many different levels, and there’s research to be found on anything ranging from their top brand attributes to their influence on B2B purchases. Those analyses are all helpful in their own right, but –  stepping back to the big picture for […]

Read more »

Tablets Now Reportedly in a Majority of US Households

Tablet penetration has reached 51% of US households as of February, up 13% points year-over-year, reports Nielsen [download page] in a recent study. Tablet penetration stood at 50% or higher in 20 local markets, led by Atlanta (62%) and San Francisco (61%), with Phoenix (+23% points) and Miami (+19% points) registering as the markets with the […]

Read more »

US TV Multitasking Behavior, by Generation

Source: Deloitte [pdf] Notes: 9 in 10 Americans age 14 and older claim to always or almost always multitask while watching TV, up from 81% a couple of years ago, per Deloitte’s latest Digital Democracy survey. In fact, 96% of Leading Millennials (26-31) are now regularly multitasking while watching TV, with their most common activities […]

Read more »

Estimated Mobile Share of US Organic Search Traffic, by Engine

Source: Merkle|RKG [download page] Notes: Mobile has grown to account for an estimated 45% share of US organic search traffic in Q1, according to a Merkle | RKG analysis of a cross-section of its clients (most heavily represented by the retail sector). The iPhone (18%) and iPad (12%) alone contributed a combined 30% of organic […]

Read more »

2015’s Most Reputable Companies

Source: Reputation Institute [download page] Notes: The BMW Group is this year’s most reputable company, reports the Reputation Group, rising a couple of spots from last year and overtaking The Walt Disney Company (#6, down from #1) and Google (steady at #2) in the process. Interestingly, LEGO Group (#5 globally) is the most reputable company […]

Read more »