The Retail Email Blog says back-to-school messaging has begun to decline, while Labor Day messaging will spike this week. Halloween messaging will continue to slowly build. And holiday season messaging should start to trickle in again after the August lull.
- StreamSend has named 10 key steps small businesses should take to power their email campaigns with social applications like Facebook, reaching whole new audiences and attracting more prospects with increasingly targeted messages. Steps include engagement, building a free Facebook fan page, and providing opt-ins to social visitors.
- Overall, 44% of US teens believe email has its place and will stick around, 41% are more inclined to think social media will overtake email and 15% just aren’t sure yet, according to data collected by Email Insider.
- The majority of organizations track email delivery, open and clickthrough rates, according to Marketing Sherpa research.
- Relevancy and timing should work hand-in-hand when crafting a comprehensive email marketing campaign, says Direct Marketing News.
- The primary reason hits are for idiots is technical, according to ClickZ. The practical reason hits are for idiots is that they reveal a lack of business foresight in the face of technical confusion. That is, people turn to hits as a metric when they have no idea what they are talking about.
- It appears that many countries have arrived at the logical conclusion that after years of supposed ‘self regulation’; some email marketers must be brought to heel by way of regulation and law, to stop abusive practices, according to CAUCE. The countries include Qatar, UAE, South Africa, India and Pakistan.