Below, the findings issued by comScore.
Top 10 Video Properties (by No. of Videos Viewed)
- Google Sites once again ranked as the top US video property, with 4.2 billion videos viewed in May. YouTube.com accounted for more than 98% of all videos viewed at the property.
- Fox Interactive Media ranked second with 778 million videos (6.4%), gaining 1.3 share points versus April.
- Yahoo Sites ranked third with 347 million (2.9%), followed by Microsoft Sites with 246 million (2.0%).
- Hulu.com, a joint venture of NBC and Fox featuring full-length broadcast TV programs, debuted in the tenth position with 88 million videos being viewed (0.7%).
Top Video Properties by No. of Viewers
- Nearly 142 million US internet users watched an average of 85 videos per viewer in May.
- Google Sites also attracted the most viewers (83.8 million), who watched an average of 50 videos per person.
- Fox Interactive attracted the second most viewers (60.8 million), followed by Yahoo Sites (40.2 million) and Microsoft Sites (29.5 million).
Other Findings from May 2008
- 74% of the total US internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 228 minutes of video.
- 82.2 million viewers watched 4.1 billion videos on YouTube.com (50.4 videos per viewer).
- 54.8 million viewers watched 703 million videos on MySpace.com (12.8 videos per viewer).
- 6.8 million viewers watched 88 million videos on Hulu.com (13.0 videos per viewer).
- The duration of the average online video was 2.7 minutes.