The comScore figures reveal that 84.9% of online Americans watched online video in December, down slightly from 85.5% in November, while online video ads reached 53% of the online population, unchanged from the prior month. However, online video ads reached those viewers an average of 70 times in December, up markedly from 60 times in November.
- The American online population watched 38.7 billion online content videos in December.
- The average online content video was 5.4 minutes in length, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes.
- Google Sites overtook BrightRoll Networks to rank as the number one video ad property, with almost 2 billion ad views during the month.
- Google Sites, driven primarily by video viewing at YouTube.com, was once again the top online video content property with 153 million unique viewers. Facebook was next with 58.8 million, followed by VEVO (51.6 million), NDN (49.9 million) and Yahoo! Sites (47.5 million).
- For the first time, Fullscreen moved ahead of Maker Studios for the second spot in the YouTube partner rankings. VEVO retained its top ranking.