Facebook led all other social networks and email providers across the industry verticals examined, which include media, retail, entertainment and gaming, B2B, consumer brands, and music-related sites. Some highlights from those verticals include:
- Google’s share of logins in the B2B space jumping 4% points to 26%, tying it for the second spot with LinkedIn (down 3% points), not far behind Facebook (33% share);
- Facebook extended its lead over Google in the retail vertical, with the former up 2% points to 61% share and the latter down 2% points to 23% share;
- Facebook’s share of entertainment and gaming site logins dipping a couple of points to 60% share, but still far surpassing next-placed Google (20%);
- Facebook and Google trading 3% share of logins in the music vertical, with the former dropping to 60% share and the latter up to 18% share, closely followed by Twitter (16% share); and
- Facebook consolidating its lead in the consumer brands space, up 2% points to 55% share, ahead of Google’s 28% share.