Google remained the top online video property once again, with almost 151.6 million viewers, but dropped 6% from 161 million the prior month. Facebook followed up its strong October by dropping 15% of its viewers, to less than 51 million.
Google again demonstrated the highest viewer engagement, with an average of 7.4 hours per viewer, up from 7.1 in October.
Adap.tv Passes 1B Video Ad Milestone
Americans viewed 7.2 billion video ads in November, down from almost 7.5 billion in October, with Hulu generating the highest number of video ad impressions at more than 1.3 billion, relatively unchanged from the previous month. Tremor Video ranked second overall (and highest among video ad exchanges/networks) with 1.1 billion. Adap.tv crossed the 1 billion mark for the first time, earning the #3 spot, followed by BrightRoll Video Network with 722 million (down from 756 million) and Specific Media with 513 million. The report notes that Tidal.TV (now known as Videology) was inadvertently omitted from the data due to a processing error.
Time spent watching video ads totaled more than 3 billion minutes during the month, with Tremor Video delivering the highest duration of video ads at 594 million minutes. Video ads reached 53% of the total U.S. population an average of 45 times during the month. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads to its viewers with an average of 44.
VEVO, Warner Stay On Top
The November 2011 comScore YouTube partner data revealed that video music channels VEVO (53.4 million viewers) and Warner Music (31.1 million viewers) maintained the top two positions, while gaming channel Machinima retained its third rank with 19.6 million viewers. VEVO demonstrated the highest engagement (71.1 minutes per viewer) and highest number of videos viewed (845 million).
- 85.9% of the U.S. internet audience viewed online video in November, down slightly from 86.2% in October.
- The duration of the average online content video was 5.5 minutes, while the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes, both unchanged from the previous month.
- Video ads accounted for 15.0% of all videos viewed and 1.3% of all minutes spent viewing video online.
- 183 million US internet users watched online video content in November for an average of 20.5 hours per viewer.
- The total US internet audience engaged in 40.9 billion video views, down from October’s peak of 42.6 billion.