The top 10 DMAs for 2013-2014 are:
- New York (2014 TV homes = 7,461,030)
- Los Angeles (5,665,780);
- Chicago (3,534,080);
- Philadelphia (2,963,500);
- Dallas-Ft. Worth (2,665,290);
- San Francisco-Oak-San Jose (2,518,900);
- Boston (Manchester; 2,433,040);
- Washington, DC (Hagrstwn; 2,412,250);
- Atlanta (2,375,050); and
- Houston (2,289,360).
The top 10 account for about 29.6% of all TV homes in the US, essentially unchanged from last year.
Although there were no ranking changes among the top 10 DMAs, there were some significant movers elsewhere on the list. Notably, Austin moved up 5 spots to #40 on the strength of a 4% jump in TV homes, to 733,390. Lima, Ohio enjoyed the biggest rankings bump, up 12 spots to 187 as the number of TV homes surged by 35%, to 69,170. No DMA dropped by more than 3 spots.