The percentage of respondents who agree with various statements about advertising when shopping for everyday products, including:
- “I wish that advertising was more relevant to my current needs”
- “I wish relevant advertising appeared when I’m researching solutions that address a personal need;
- I think targeted advertising should be able to guide me through a store to find the exact product I need;
- I wish advertising helped me break out of my purchasing habits to discover something new or better; and
- I trust advertising more when it features influencers or celebrities that I follow online.
In this context, everyday products relates to 5 categories: cleaning products; skincare; grocery; electronics (small devices); and restaurants.