In April, Google Sites continued to reign among search properties in the UK with 74.2% of all searches, according to comScore’s first report on the UK search market that’s based on its qSearch 2.0 online search measurement tool.
comScore now measures UK local-market properties where search activity occurs, such as Rightmove and Bebo.com.
- eBay ranked second with 6%, followed by Yahoo Sites (4.3%) and Microsoft Sites (3.4%).
- Popular social-networking property Facebook.com claimed a 1.8% market share in April.
- Two UK properties, Rightmove Sites (0.8% share) and Bebo.com (0.7% share), ranked among the top 10.
Other notable findings from April 2008:
- Some 4.1 billion searches were conducted in the UK, more than in any other European country.
- 31.2 million UK Internet users made at least one search during the month.
- UK searchers conducted an average of 130 searches per searcher during the month, or more than 4 searches per day.