Select Page

MerkleRKG-Mobile-Share-US-Organic-Search-Traffic-Q32013-Q12015-Apr2015Source: Merkle|RKG [download page]

    Notes: Mobile has grown to account for an estimated 45% share of US organic search traffic in Q1, according to a Merkle | RKG analysis of a cross-section of its clients (most heavily represented by the retail sector). The iPhone (18%) and iPad (12%) alone contributed a combined 30% of organic search traffic, per the report, more than double the share (13%) from Android devices. Separately, mobile’s share of Yahoo search traffic dropped from 50% in Q4 2014 to 43% in Q1, mainly due to increased desktop traffic resulting from the Yahoo-Firefox deal.

    At the same time, mobile grew to represent almost half – 47% – of Google organic search traffic, per the study. In fact, Google represented 88.2% of mobile search traffic in Q1 2015, versus about 8 in 10 organic search visits overall.

    Of note mobile search traffic reportedly grew by 54% year-over-year in Q1, with desktop search traffic up 14%. Organic search overall contributed slightly less than 33% of site visits.

      Related: 4 Trends in US Online Advertising Spending

      Feel Like You're Always Playing Catchup?

      Stay ahead of the curve with our free newsletter. It’s fast. It’s factual. And it’s clear

      marketing charts logo

      Error: Please enter a valid email address

      Error: Invalid email

      Error: Please enter your first name

      Error: Please enter your last name

      Error: Please enter a username

      Error: Please enter a password

      Error: Please confirm your password

      Error: Password and password confirmation do not match

      Pin It on Pinterest

      Share This