comScore issued its February rankings of the largest UK internet properties, as well as fastest-growing sites and site categories, based on data from its World Metrix audience measurement service.
Among the highlights (also see tables, below):
- Google Sites remained the leader in number of visitors, with no rank changes in the top 5 from Jan. to Feb. In positions 6-10, however, change was a constant.
- Valentine’s Day helped drive a strong increase in traffic to the Flowers/Gifts/and Greetings category, which grew 28% from January to nearly 7 million visitors in February.
- The auto-manufacturer, career-resources and e-cards categories also recorded gains.
- Uptake of the new Firefox internet browser drove visitors to the Mozilla Organization website, visitors to which increased 48%, to 3.1 million.
- Fish4Sites visitors increased 24% to 3.3 million, driven largely by a jump in visitors to careers resource property, Fish4jobs.
Top 25 properties for February 2008:
Top gaining properties for February 2008:
Top gaining site categories for February 2008: