Google Sites, having grabbed the?top position in Canada for the first time in January, maintained that lead in February, according to comScore World Media Metrix data.?Meanwhile, traffic to Canadian websites in the tax category jumped 17% to approximately 3 million unique visitors.
Top 25 Properties
Among the highlights:
- Microsoft (22.224 million visitors) and Yahoo (16.150 million) took the No. 2 and No. 3 positions, respectively.
- Apple Inc. made the Top 10, with 8.316 million visitors.
Top Gaining Categories
Categories other than Tax that underwent significant growth:
- Geneaology (up 19%)
- Lotto/Sweepstakes (10%)
- Weather (7%)
- Automotive – Manufacturer (6%)
Top 10 Gaining Properties
Due to February’s fewer days, there are generally lower visitation totals, which also affect overall growth data. However…
- Traffic to The Mozilla Organization increased 61% due to a Firefox browser upgrade.
- Funbox.com, a mobile entertainment company, underwent 301% growth to reach 2.467 unique visitors.
- Internet gaming group WildTangent Network had 2.057 million unique visitors, a 70% increase from January ’08.