Select Page

regalix-effectiveness-of-b2b-content-types-across-platforms-nov2016The vast majority (86%) of B2B marketers invest in social media marketing, and a slight majority (52%) feel that social media is very important to their organization’s marketing efforts, according to a new report [download page] from Regalix. While LinkedIn (89%) and Twitter (78%) are considered the most effective social media platforms, some types of content work better on Facebook.

As part of the global survey of 342 B2B marketers, Regalix asked respondents to indicate how 11 different content types worked across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The following list highlights the social platform that was considered most effective for each of those content types:

  • Videos: Facebook;
  • Gaming: Facebook;
  • Infographics: LinkedIn;
  • Interactive content: Facebook;
  • Blog posts: LinkedIn;
  • Lists: Twitter;
  • GIFs: Twitter;
  • How-to posts: LinkedIn;
  • Research reports: LinkedIn;
  • Articles: LinkedIn; and
  • Whitepapers and case studies: LinkedIn.

The results reflect the importance of LinkedIn to B2B marketers, and also indicate that the platform is well-suited to more long-form content such as research reports and white papers.

Interestingly, while LinkedIn and Twitter are clearly considered to be the most effective platforms, those views change when looking at paid advertising. The 2 in 3 B2B marketers surveyed who invest in social media advertising were as likely to cite Facebook (58%) as LinkedIn (58%) for having delivered efficiently on their advertising dollars, with Twitter further back (39%).

Overall, B2B marketers seem to be finding social effective, as 64% plan to increase their budgets in the coming 12 months. Measuring the effectiveness of social media marketing – a long-standing issue continues to be the top challenge faced by organizations. For those 14% of B2B marketers not using social media, though, the top obstacle is the lack of clear ROI.

For more data on social media’s role in B2B marketing, see MarketingCharts’ B2B Digital Marketing Insights Report.

About the Data: The Regalix data is based on a survey of 342 B2B marketers, 63% of whom are from services companies and the remaining 37% from product companies. Almost half (46%) of respondents are based in North America, and 41% are from companies with at least $100 million in revenues. Respondents came from a variety of industries, with IT & Services (36%) and software (19%) the most heavily represented.

Feel Like You're Always Playing Catchup?

Stay ahead of the curve with our free newsletter. It’s fast. It’s factual. And it’s clear

marketing charts logo

Error: Please enter a valid email address

Error: Invalid email

Error: Please enter your first name

Error: Please enter your last name

Error: Please enter a username

Error: Please enter a password

Error: Please confirm your password

Error: Password and password confirmation do not match

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This