Supplier and Client Adoption of Emerging Market Research Methods

June 5, 2015

This article is included in these additional categories:

Analytics, Automated & MarTech | Data-driven | Digital | Market Research | Mobile Phone | Social Media | Tablet | Video

GRIT-Adoption-Emerging-Market-Research-Methods-June2015Source: Greenbook Research Industry Trends (GRIT) Report [pdf]

    Notes: Mobile surveys (53%) and online communities (52%) are the emerging market research methods that suppliers have most commonly adopted, according to the latest GRIT report. Among research buyers and clients, however, mobile qualitative (49%) research is the technique most in use, followed by online communities (47%) and big data analytics (39%). The study demonstrates rapid growth in the use of each mobile approach identified: mobile surveys; mobile qualitative; and mobile ethnography.

    Separately, 57% of buyers responding to the survey indicated that they use market research to answer important questions that cannot be answered with other data sources, while 41% said that it is their main way of understanding customers’ experiences.

      Related: US Marketing Research Industry Seeing Pre-Recession Levels of Activity

        About the Data: The results are based on a survey of 1,859 respondents, roughly 80% of whom identified as suppliers and the remaining 20% as clients. Almost half (48%) are full service research providers, and 47% are from North America. The survey was fielded in Q1 and Q2 2015.


        Explore More Articles.

        Marketing Charts Logo

        Stay on the cutting edge of marketing.

        Sign up for our free newsletter.

        You have Successfully Subscribed!

        Pin It on Pinterest

        Share This