Videos from around the globe were included in the top 10 list of viral videos for June 2010 compiled by video content distributor goviral.
In a change from May and April 2010, goviral’s top 10 video list for June 2010 was not dominated by sports-themed videos. Three sports-themed videos did make the list: a “Star Wars”-inspired video from athletic equipment maker adidas, a video featuring tennis star Andy Murray from tennis equipment provider Head, and a video documenting an extremely difficult basketball shot from automaker GMC.
However, this was a decrease from the four athletic-themed videos included in the April list and six featured in the March list. More notable about the most recent goviral list is its very global nature. While many monthly lists predominantly feature videos from the US (some of which are intended for global distribution), the June list includes videos originating from Germany, Iceland, Japan and the UK.
The top 10 picks for June, with links to view on YouTube:
1. adidas – ‘Star Wars’ Cantina 2010, agency: Sid Lee
2. Volkswagen – The Slide (Driven by Fun), agency: Trial DDB
3. Head – Andy Murray Street Magic in London, agency: n/a
4. Iceland – Visit Iceland, agency: n/a
5. Coca-Cola Zero & Mentos – The Coke Zero & Mentos Rocket Car, agency: EepyBird
6. Orbit Gum – The Prom Date, agency: Energy BBDO
7. McDonald’s & Coca-Cola – T-Shirt Wars 2, agency: n/a
8. GMC – Dude Perfect: The Cliff Jump Shot, agency: Leo Burnett
9. Sapporo – Legendary Biru, agency: Dentsu
10. Lynx Rise – Jessica Jane Clement – Her Best Bits, agency: n/a