Lead Gen Top Mobile Campaign Goal

June 3, 2011

millennial-campaign-goals-apr-11-june-2011.JPGThirty percent of the mobile ad campaigns conducted via the Millennial Media network in April 2011 had an advertiser goal of lead generation, according to [sign-in page] the June 2011 SMART Report. Sustained in-market presence closely followed as the advertiser goal of 29% of Millennial mobile campaigns.

Advertisers in another 17% of the campaigns had a goal of launching or releasing a product, and 13% of the campaigns had an advertiser goal of brand awareness.

Traffic to Site Primary Advertiser Campaign Destination

smart-ad-campaign-apr-11-june-2011.JPGAlmost half (49%) of April 2011 mobile campaigns on the Millennial network had an advertiser goal of driving traffic to a site, with the remaining campaigns having a fairly even split between the goals of application download (26%) and driving traffic to a custom landing page (25%).

Broad Reach Narrowly Beats Targeted Audience Reach

smart-campaign-targeting-apr-11-june-2011.JPGA slight majority (52%) of mobile campaigns conducted on the Millennial network in April 2011 had a broad reach, with the remaining 48% reaching a targeted audience. Of those targeted campaigns, 56% targeted a local market, while 34% targeted a demographic and only 10% targeted a behavioral audience.

Retailers Want to Sustain Market Presence

smart-retail-goals-apr-11-june-2011.JPGTaking a specific look at retail ad campaigns conducted on the Millennial network during April 2011, the SMART Report finds a commanding 41% had the goal of sustaining in-market presence, almost double the 21% designed to increase brand awareness.

Dept. Stores Top Mobile Retail Vertical

Looking at mobile campaigns by retail vertical, the report finds 22% of campaigns in April were conducted by department stores, followed by computers/electronics and home and garden stores (17% each).

Traffic to Site Less Popular in April ’10

Examining trends recorded by Millennial Media in April 2010 (also available via sign-in page), it becomes apparent driving traffic to a site has significantly grown in popularity. Only 38% of mobile campaigns on the Millennial network drove traffic to a site during that month, meaning traffic to site has grown 29% in popularity during the past year.


Explore More Articles.

Marketing Charts Logo

Stay on the cutting edge of marketing.

Sign up for our free newsletter.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This