Meredith was the best media company partner for advertising companies last year, toppling the 2012 winner, Google,Â according to a survey of thousands of top-tier advertising (marketing and agency) professionals conducted by Advertiser Perceptions. The survey details the “Highest Rated Media Brand” for 7 individual categories across 4 key areas, with some interesting changes from last year.
Following are some highlights from those categories.
- People took highest honors in the print category for brand strength, ousting ESPN The Magazine, while Food Network Magazine took the top honor in the category for advertiser satisfaction.
- Among digital portals and social media, advertisers ranked Facebook as best for brand strength for the second consecutive year, while giving AOL the highest marks for advertiser satisfaction (Twitter had the highest rank for that measure last year).
- In the digital ad networks category, Google Display Network ranked best for brand strength again, while Collective won for customer service, and Tremor Video again for advertiser satisfaction.
- Within the cable TV category, Bravo was chosen as having the best advertiser satisfaction, while the Food Network and HGTV tied for the best sales knowledge. ESPN took top honors for brand strength.
- Facebook – which continues to make strides in mobile – lost its top position last year in mobile brand strength, surrendering it this year to YouTube. ESPN picked up another win, topping the advertiser satisfaction ratings among mobile networks.
About the Data: The survey measured advertiser perceptions for more than 110 magazines and national newspapers, more than 170 digital content sites, more than 40 digital portals and social media sites, more than 30 digital ad networks, more than 90 cable and broadcast TV networks, and more than 100 mobile networks.