In March, Google Sites once again ranked as the top US video property with more than 4.3 billion videos viewed (38% share of all videos), gaining 2.6 share points form the previous month, according to comScore’s Video Metrix service.
- US internet users viewed 11.5 billion online videos during March – a 13% increase from February and a 64% gain versus March 2007
- YouTube.com accounted for 98% of all videos viewed at Google Sites.
- Fox Interactive Media ranked second with 477 million videos (4.2%), followed by Yahoo Sites with 328 million (2.9%) and Viacom Digital with 249 million (2.2%).
- Nearly 139 million US internet users watched an average of 83 videos per viewer in March.
Number of Viewers
Google Sites also attracted the most viewers (85.7 million), where they watched an average of 51 videos per person. Fox Interactive attracted the second most viewers (54.3 million), followed by Yahoo Sites (37.5 million) and Viacom Digital (26.6 million).
Other notable findings from March 2008:
- 73.7% of the total US internet audience viewed online video.
- 84.8 million viewers watched 4.3 billion videos on YouTube.com (50.4 videos per viewer).
- 47.7 million viewers watched 400 million videos on MySpace.com (8.4 videos per viewer).
- The average online video duration was 2.8 minutes.
- The average online video viewer watched 235 minutes of video.