A large majority of online shoppers – 82% – reported being very satisfied or somewhat satisfied with the customer support available during their online holiday-shopping experience this year, according to a Nielsen Online survey.
Among the reported findings:
- Among the 46% of respondents who had posted or planned to post reviews about their online shopping experience, 88% said those reviews either were, or would be positive.
- Such high levels of satisfaction resulted in nearly half of online shoppers, 46%, doing the majority of their holiday shopping online so far this year.
- Several online shopping destinations clearly impressed shoppers, and the top 10 ranked by customer satisfaction earned “Very Satisfied” ratings from more than 80% of respondents:
Among late-season shoppers, flowers, gift baskets, event tickets, and gift cards should be the most popular, with the largest percentage of shoppers still intending to buy from these categories compared to purchases already made.
- Procrastinators can rest assured that gift cards are a welcome gift: 62% of respondents said they would prefer a gift card to a pre-selected gift.
- Traditionally popular gift categories have done well again this year, led by clothing, books and movies:
- Among those who have purchased a game console, Nintendo’s Wii has been the most popular this holiday season, followed by the PlayStation 2 and the Nintendo DS:
About the Nielsen Online Holiday Survey: Nielsen Online fielded a holiday online shopping survey December 13 – 17, 2007 with nearly 900 respondents, age 18+.