Unique visitors to travel, career, tax, and real estate sites in the UK increased from December ’07 to January ’08 ,?according to comScore’s World Metrix audience measurement service.
The January?data also show Google Sites, Microsoft Sites, and eBay to be the UK internet properties with the most traffic.?
The following findings were issued by comScore.
Top 25 Properties
Among the findings:
- Google Sites, at 33.254 million total unique visitors, had a strong lead over No. 2-ranked Microsoft, at 29.633 million.
- Third with 28.102 million visitors was eBay, followed by Yahoo Sites with 21.363 million.
- Lycos Europe Sites jumped five places to reach the No. 10 position, with 11.886 million visitors.
- Both Facebook and UK social networking site Bebo moved up one notch -?to 9th and 13th place,?respectively.
Top 10 Gaining Site Categories
Among the highlights:
- Traffic to car rental sites increased 80% from Dec. ’07 to Jan. ’08.
- Career resources and job search sites were both up 67%.
- Travel-related sites, such as hotels/resorts (54%), airlines (46%) and online travel agents (43%) also increased significantly.
Top 10 Gaining Properties
- In the travel category, two websites had more than 100% growth in traffic: First Choice Holiday PLC (140%), TUI Group (122%).
- British Airways was fourth, increasing to 4.577 million unique visitors (from 3.564 million).
- Entering the Top 20 Properties list for the first time, Moneysupermarket.com grew 79%, to 6.6 million visitors.
About the data: comScore ranked top properties by total unique visitors from home and work locations, using information gathered from its World Metrix service. Those findings exclude traffic from public computers such as internet cafes or access from mobile phones or PDAs.