Rich media’s creative and interactive features convey the drama and excitement of entertainment advertisers’ products and drive increased interaction rates and time spent with the brand, according to PointRoll‘s “2007 Entertainment Performance Analysis” report.
Based on findings from over 800 rich media campaigns PointRoll has conducted for entertainment advertisers, the analysis offers best-practice information about the most effective features, branding and direct response campaigns, and optimum website placements, PointRoll said.
Key findings include the following:
”¢ Most effective features: The entertainment industry has specific needs that rich media advertising helps satisfy by both driving brand awareness and spurring viewers to action:
- Those features can be used to”¦
- Get bodies into seats on opening weekends of theatrical releases.
- Build anticipation for a DVD release.
- Increase tune-in and ratings for new and returning television series.
- Create a rush to buy the latest video game.
- Best-performing sites to run entertainment rich media campaigns: It’s easy to assume that entertainment ads perform best on entertainment sites, but some of the best metrics are achieved by diversifying placements and expanding to other sites.
- Computing and technology site placements perform well with regard to interaction rate, while automotive sites rank high for brand time.
The full reports is available from the PointRoll site – here (pdf).