Google is the best partner for advertising companies, ousting ABC, last year’s winner,Â according to a survey of thousands of top-tier advertising (marketing and agency) professionals conducted by Advertiser Perceptions. Despite losing its top spot, ABC still ranked as best in class among broadcast networks for sales knowledge, customer service, and advertiser satisfaction, with NBC ranking first for brand strength.
The survey details the “Highest Rated Media Brand” for 7 individual categories across 4 key areas. Following are some highlights from those categories.
- ESPN The Magazine took highest honors in the print category for brand strength, while ESPN.com took top billing among digital content sites for the same area. Not to be outdone, ESPN was rated the best cable TV network for brand strength.
- Among digital portals and social media, advertisers ranked Facebook as best for brand strength, but gave Twitter the highest marks for advertiser satisfaction.
- In the digital ad networks category, Google Display Network ranked best for brand strength, while Vibrant Media won for customer service, and Tremor Video for advertiser satisfaction.
- Within the cable TV category, AMC was chosen as having the best advertiser satisfaction, while the NFL Network was perceived to have the best sales knowledge.
- Facebook – which has been making strides in mobile – ranked as the top mobile network for brand strength. Jumptap was seen to have the best customer service, while Millennial Media provided the highest satisfaction to advertisers.
About the Data: The survey measured advertiser perceptions for more than 110 magazines and national newspapers, more than 170 digital content sites, more than 40 digital portals, portal sub-brands, and social media sites, more than 30 digital ad networks, more than 90 cable TV networks, more than 100 mobile networks, and all broadcast networks.