Cadbury’s gorilla drummer ad, with more than 5 million views for the original video on YouTube, was the top viral-video ad, followed by Smirnoff’s Green Tea Partay, with 3.4M views, according to video marketing agency GoViral, reports the Financial Times.
The top 5 viral-video ads:
- Cadbury – Gorilla Drummer, launched online in August; agency: Fallon.
- Smirnoff – Green Tea Partay, launched online in August; agency: JWT, New York.
- Ray-Ban – Catch Sunglasses, launched online in May; agency: Cutwater.
- Blendtec – Will it Blend? launched online in July.
- Lynx/Axe – Bom chicka wah wah, launched online in May; agency: BBH Copenhagen.
About the rankings: Additional info is available in the FT report.